Complex Issues in California Family Law
Co-Author with Stephen J. Wagner, CFLS, AAML, of Complex Issues in California Family Law (LexisNexis Matthew Bender). Complex Issues is a groundbreaking and evolving book series that analyzes sophisticated family law issues including characterization and division of marital property, support issues, interspousal fiduciary duties, rights and remedies arising out of premarital or post-marital agreements and other procedural issues in family law and civil cases.
Eleven volumes of Complex Issues in California Family Law are currently available:
- VOLUME A: Fiduciary Duties – Nature and Extent: Understanding Interspousal Fiduciary Duties in Current Family Law Practice
- VOLUME B: Fiduciary Duties – A Practical Approach: Handling Fiduciary Issues in the Day-to-Day Practice of Family Law
- VOLUME C: Transmutations: Understanding, Defending, and Challenging Changes in Property Ownership Between Spouses
- VOLUME D: Tracing Separate and Community Funds: Using Tracing Concepts in the Daily Practice of Family Law
- VOLUME E: Equitable Remedies – Moore/Marsden and Beyond: Apportionment and Reimbursement Based on Use of Funds to Benefit Another Estate
- VOLUME F: Equitable Remedies – Pereira-Van Camp and Beyond: Apportionment and Reimbursement Based On Use of Efforts to Benefit Another Estate
- VOLUME G: Family Law Business Valuations: Fundamental Legal Principles for Family Law Practitioners and Forensic Experts
- VOLUME H: Family Law Business Valuations: What a Family Law Practitioner Needs to Know to Handle Valuations of Professional Practices and Businesses
- VOLUME I: Complex Financial Issues in Determining Support, Fees and Sanctions
- VOLUME J: The Building Blocks of Family Law Cases: Characterization, Presumptions, Burdens and Standards of Proof and Interspousal Duties
- Volume K: Premarital Agreements: Negotiation, Preparation and Litigation
- Regular column for the Specialist, the newsletter of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, analyzing new family law cases, 2010 to present
- Retroactivity of Family Code Section 70
Co-authored with Hon. Thomas Trent Lewis, Los Angeles County Superior Court
California Association of Certified Family Law Specialists The Specialist, Winter 2017
- Demystifying Marriage of Bonvino: What it Holds and What it Means
Family Law News, March 2016
- Does Family Code Section 2640(c) apply to Untitled or Solely Titled Community Property?
California Association of Certified Family Law Specialists Newsletter, Fall 2008
- Marriage of Feldman: The Fourth District Sanctions Breaches of the Fiduciary Disclosure Duties
California Association of Certified Family Law Specialists Newsletter, Winter 2008
- Fiduciary Duties Meet Tracing Rules: An Argument for a Fourth Element in the Tracing Burden
Imposed on a Party Tracing Separate Funds
California Association of Certified Family Law Specialists Newsletter, Spring 2006
- New Family Code §2640(c): Closing A Loophole or Creating a New Right?
California Association of Certified Family Law Specialists Newsletter, Spring 2005
- Marriage of Delaney: New Arguments Coming to a Courtroom Near You.
California Association of Certified Family Law Specialists Newsletter, 2003
- Legislative Report: New Year Brings Changes to Family Law
California Association of Certified Family Law Specialists Newsletter, Winter 2002
- 2001 Chaptered Family Law Bills
California Association of Certified Family Law Specialists Newsletter, Fall/Winter 2001
- 2000 Legislative Update
California Association of Certified Family Law Specialists Newsletter, Winter 2000
- Contributing staff attorney, California Family Law Practicetm (treatise), California Family Law Reports™ (monthly), First Alert™ (weekly), published by CFLR, Inc. (currently The Rutter Group), 1990-1994.
- Member of Editorial Board of California Family Law Monthly (LexisNexis Matthew Bender), 2007 to present.
- Regular contributor to the Newsletter of the California Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, including summaries of all newly-published California family law cases
- Editor of various Matthew Bender legal treatises, including Child Custody & Visitation Law And Practice and Lindey and Parley on Separation Agreements and Antenuptial Contracts